Your Online CMBA is a Career Changer
- + An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
AND one of the following:
- + Four years of demonstrated professional full-time work experience (without GMAT or GRE scores)
- + Two years of professional full-time work experience with GMAT or GRE scores
*Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume, and any requested supporting documents. Our admissions committee evaluates an individual's accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of full time professional experience. FIU considers the individual's managerial responsibilities, role in setting direction & strategy, and his/her role in allocating resources. Normally, professional experience begins at the point of graduation; however, FIU may consider prior work experience based on type of experience.
- + Official transcripts from all previously-attended universities (undergraduate and graduate) in an envelope sealed by the degree-granting institution(s).
- + For Florida residents only, proof of 12 months of residency in Florida by providing two of the following documents by email, mail or fax:
- + Driver's License
- + Vehicle Registration
- + Florida ID
- + Voter's Registration (U.S Citizens)
- + Professional License issued by the State of Florida
- + Official proof of degree. A copy of the original diploma is required if the degree is not posted on the official transcript.
- + Provide two letters of recommendation from professional contacts.
- + Statement of Purpose: A document of no more than two pages outlining your objectives for pursuing this graduate degree program (Choose one of the following):
- Describe a professional situation where you demonstrated one of the following leadership competencies: visionary, strategic, tactical, focused, persuasive, likable, decisive, ethical or inspirational
- Of FIU's core values [creativity, rigor, diversity, team, integrity, and global community], which value resonates most with you and why?
- Describe your academic and career interests, and explain how and why an MBA from FIU would help you explore them.
- + Resume describing current and past responsibilities, leadership and management experience highlights and, if any, demonstrated accomplishments in the application of quantitative and analytical skills. Please include specific dates of employment MM/YY and numbers of hours worked per week.
- + For international transcripts needing translation, applicants must request two sets of transcripts: one for the translation agency and another one for us.
- + Applicants whose undergraduate degree was awarded outside of the United States must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS.) They must obtain a minimum score of 213 on the computer-based TOEFL (CBT), 550 on the paper-based TOEFL (PBT), or an 80 on the internet-based TOEFL (iBT). Applicants taking the IELTS must score a minimum of 6.5 overall. To obtain information about the TOEFL exam, please contact the English Language Institute at 305-348-2222 or visit www.toefl.org. To obtain more information about the IELTS, visit www.ielts.org. You can also view a list of TOEFL-exempt countries.
- + Applicants are encouraged to provide any additional documentation to strengthen their application portfolio. Examples of documentation include: master's degree in any discipline except an MBA, law degree, professional certifications (i.e. CPA, CFA, SHRM, etc.), GMAT or GRE scores, specialized leadership experience or training, documentation that the applicant is part of a "fast track" or "high potential" management group at their organization, or any other similar evidence.
- + Candidates with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. While all applications will be evaluated based on a full review of the application portfolio, we desire students with an upper division grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 and a GMAT 500 or equivalent GRE.
- + An interview, by invitation only, may be required prior to the final selection.
- + Admissions at the graduate level are competitive and meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
Note: No I-20s or F-1 transfers will be issued for the program.